2008 Olympic Closing Ceremonies
The 2008 Summer Olympic Games are coming to an end. Closing Ceremonies is currently happening in Beijing with Film director Zhang Yimou giving us possibly another spectacular show. I look forward to watching it later tonight in the States.
Hopefully we will not have the post controversy over the performance as we heard and learned about in the Opening Ceremonies. But, it should interesting to see what London Olympic Committee will present as a glimpse into 2012 Olympics Games.
Some of the pictures from the Beijing Olympic website looks like we will have another great ending to this year’s Summer Olympic Games.
Some outstanding moments of this Olympics for USA:
- Michael Phelps achieving his goal of 8 Olympic Gold Medals in 8 events.
- The Redeem Team winning the gold medal game in Men Basketball earlier this morning over Spain, 118-107.
- US Men Volleyball team defeating defending champion Brazil, 3-1, for Volleyball Gold.
- US Women Basketball team winning their fourth straight Gold in basketball.
- US Men Gymnastic team earning a surprising Bronze Medal in the team overall competition.
- US Women Gymnastic team earning a Silver Medal in the team overall competition.
- US Men and Women teams grabbing Gold medals in Beach Volleyball.
A special congratulations to all US competitors winning a medal in this year’s Olympics.
I hope to post some great pictures of tonight’s Closing Ceremonies. Here is one from the UK Telegraph of the firework display outside of the stadium:
From the Beijing Olympic Website, I see that the famous red double decker bus made it to China.
Another amazing example of Chinese artistry: