As the Bush Presidency has ended today, there are many interesting takes on the Legacy of the George W Bush Presidency. Here are a few stories to date:
I would have to agree that the Bush Presidency was a mixed bag.
Here are some positives of Mr Bush’s Presidency:
- Protecting American citizenry by his response to the 9/11 tragedy
- Cutting taxes for all American citizenry
- Appointment of two conservative justices on the Supreme Court
- Enforcing UN resolutions on Iraq
But there were negatives as well:
- McCain-Feingold bill restricting First Amendment rights
- Failure of compassionate conservatism
- Lack of getting his message out to the people
Now this leads to one question I would like to have answered is, ‘Will Bush Derangement Syndrome be cured?’ Probably not, but check this out:
Let us remember that Mr Bush was never a leader of the conservative movement.