> 10 Questions to Ask Potential IT Consultant Employer
10 Questions to Ask Potential IT Consultant Employer
An interesting article at InformIT regarding questions to ask your employer. The article entitled Ten Questions to Ask Potential Employers Before You Accept a New Job in Technology Consulting deals with questions in the IT sector, but there may be questions you may want to ask your potential employer as well. The questions were broken into three areas, Financial (first 3 questions), Operational (next 4 questions), and Opportunity and Development (last 3 questions). Read the article for the details on each question. Here are the questions to ask:
- What is your target growth rate this year?
- Please describe how you forecast revenue.
- Do consultants have visibility into the pipeline?
- Who did the estimate for your current project?
- Does the firm use Agile and/or Lean methods on software development projects?
- Of your last 3 projects, how many were real projects, versus staff augmentation?
- What’s the Real Deal on Travel?
- Does the company cover costs for attending industry conferences?
- What is the company position on leveraging blogs or other social media?
- What do you think of my 30, 60, and 90 day plans?
After reading it myself, it found that it could be a good read for a project manager type individual. I suggest including these questions on your list of questions to ask the interviewer during your interview.